Alumni John Crouch

February 13, 2017

Alumni_John CrouchName: John Crouch
Graduation Year: December 2016
Major(s): Financial Management
Emphasis: Real Estate
Minor(s): Accounting
Hometown: Charlotte, NC

Why did you choose Finance as a major?
In high school, I really enjoyed math and wanted to work with numbers in college. I was also really interested in real estate, so when I met with my advisor during orientation, she recommended finance with an emphasis in real estate.

What career field/job would you like to pursue after graduating?
I have accepted a job with TIAA as an analyst for their global investment real estate team.

What has been your favorite/most memorable moment at Clemson?
My most memorable moment at Clemson was the win against Notre Dame in the rain. Experiencing how alive the student section was during the downpour was a moment that I will always remember.

Any recent accomplishments?
Two of my most recent accomplishments were graduating from Clemson and securing a job in an industry that I am passionate about.

Do you have a great internship experience you’d like to share?

I enjoyed my internship with Cushman and Wakefield the summer between my junior and senior year. I got the opportunity to learn and apply Argus Enterprise software.

What do you think prepared you the most?
Dr. Thomas Springer’s real estate investment class helped me the most during my internships.

Any words of advice to other students?
The Clemson business program offers so many easy avenues for Clemson students to succeed. Programs such as Tiger Ties and iLead are a great way for students to prepare for interviews and network with alumi.