Senior Zach Kaufman

September 28, 2018

Name: Zach Kaufman  
Expected Graduation Year: 2019
Major(s): Financial Management
Emphasis: Corporate Finance
Minor(s): Accounting
Hometown: Monroe, CT

Why did you choose Finance as a major?

I have always been interested in Finance ever since I made my first stock purchase at 12 years old.  I was strong with numbers and loved business so I knew Finance was the perfect fit for me.

What career field/job would you like to pursue after graduating?

I am interested in Investment Banking post-grad.  I believe this is a great place to set a solid foundation and understand a business holistically.

What has been your favorite/most memorable moment at Clemson?

I will never forget winning the College Football National Championship my Sophomore year.  This was a very special feeling.

Do you have a great internship experience you’d like to share?

I recently finished my internship with Colony Capital, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA.  I got to work on the acquisitions side of a large real estate investment firm that has about $43 billion in assets under management.  I spent a lot of time underwriting potential investment opportunities and building out financial models.  As a final project, I got to present a value-add investment opportunity to the investment committee that me and three other interns underwrote and analyzed.  The 8 weeks I spent interning on the buy-side was an amazing opportunity.  I got to connect with multiple successful business men and women and attend several networking/training events.  I am fortunate to have had this experience.

What do you think prepared you the most?

I think the curriculum at Clemson along with my internship experiences has prepared me tremendously to enter the real world.

Any words of advice to other students?

Cherish your time at school and do not ever take anything for granted.