Welcome to a new school year!
Fall semester 2014 begins in a few days, but there’s a lot happening in the first week as students arrive and faculty and staff get ready for the start of the new school year. See the schedule below.
President Jim Clements shares his excitement about it today on his blog. Check back for more posts about his first full year a Clemson and follow him on Twitter at @ClemsonPrez.
- About 3,400 new students start moving in to residence halls at 8 a.m. Volunteer to help by contacting Ashley Leyh in University Housing & Dining at email@example.com or 864-656-5442.
- Continuing students can move in beginning at 8 a.m. Sunday.
- Memorial Stadium is the place to be starting at 2:30 p.m. for Fan Appreciation Day. Coach Dabo Swinney and members of the football team will be signing autographs. See more at ClemsonTigers.com.
- Freshmen will be treated to a picnic with President and Mrs. Clements from 5 to 7 p.m. on the lawn at the President’s Home. New students and Bridge and ClemsonLIFE students are invited.
- The Transfer Convocation for all students transferring to Clemson will be 10 a.m.-noon at Littlejohn Coliseum.
- All incoming freshmen must attend the Freshman Convocation and Summer Reading Program from 1:30 to 4:15 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum. President Clements will welcome new students and bioengineering professor Delphine Dean and author Max Barry will speak.
- Everyone is invited to the annual Welcome Back Festival from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on College Avenue in downtown Clemson.
- The Victor Hurst Academic Convocation officially launches the school year. It begins with an 8:30 a.m. processional of administrators, faculty and staff to the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts. The convocation begins at 9 a.m. The guest speaker is Michael Crow, president of Arizona State University.
- Mingle with other students while learning about Clemson’s multicultural student organizations at the Grill & Greet at 6 p.m. at Lever Beach (between Hendrix Student Center and Lever Hall).