2016 Student Awards Ceremony held April 1st
Girish Sharma, Gary Vestal, Jaclyn Schmitt, Joshua Hanson, and Amber Porter. Not shown: Emily Thompson.
The Department of Physics & Astronomy honored this year’s departmental award recipients in its annual ceremony on April 1 and also acknowledged college-level and national scholarship awardees. Department awardees names are forwarded to the college for consideration in the CoES awards.
Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Outstanding Graduate Researcher: Girish Sharma
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant: Amber Porter
- L.D. Huff Junior Award: Gary Vestal
- L.D. Huff Sophomore Award: Joshua Hanson
- Erin Samantha Cawthorne Award: Jaclyn Schmitt
- SPS Senior Award: Emily Thompson
College of Engineering and Science
- Outstanding Graduate Researcher: Girish Sharma (Condensed Matter, advisor: Professor Sumanta Tewari)
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant: Dhruva Kulkarni (Condensed Matter, advisor: Professor Chad Sosolik)
- Outstanding Senior in the Sciences: Emily Thompson
- Outstanding Junior in the Sciences: Gary Vestal
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program – Emily Thompson
Congratulations to all our students!