Greetings from Interim Dean Tim Boosinger

September 9, 2019

Dear students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of CAAH:

With another academic year beginning and the campus bustling with life, it is my privilege to greet you as the interim dean of the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities.

As I get to know the College and its people, I’m struck by the warmth, camaraderie and sense of purpose that surrounds me.

Interim Dean Tim Boosinger

Tim Boosinger is a former provost and vice president for academic affairs at Auburn University.

I’ve met students who are ambitious, poised and intellectually curious.

I’ve witnessed the dedication and commitment of our staff.

And I’ve been impressed by the level of scholarship I see among the faculty in our College’s diverse departments – and all across Clemson University.

I look forward to meeting many more of you in the coming months.

This is a special College at a great University and I am proud to serve as its steward as we continue our growth, build upon our successes and keep moving forward.

My close acquaintance with Clemson began in 2018 when I served for several months in a similar capacity at the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences.

I’ve also gotten to know Clemson leaders through my involvement with the Tigers United Consortium, which began during my time as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Auburn University. Together with our peers at Louisiana State University and the University of Missouri we share a mascot and a mission ­– to save the world’s remaining wild tigers.

This week on campus, I had the chance to meet with the Tigers United group and to convene with my new team.

I, too, had the unexpected pleasure of speaking with several families from Charleston who chose to spend their time as evacuees visiting Clemson and learning about all we have to offer in CAAH.

We are relieved that for many along the East Coast, the damage from Dorian has been much lighter than anticipated. Our Clemson Design Center in Charleston fared well and our students, most of whom evacuated the area, are safe and back in class. Please keep in your thoughts the members of the extended Clemson Family who have been directly affected by the hurricane and also the people of the Bahamas who have faced unfathomable devastation. They will need our support during a long recovery.

With gratitude,

Tim Boosinger

. . .

Tim Boosinger has been named interim dean for the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities while the University continues its search for a permanent dean.

His six-month appointment began Sept. 1, 2019. To lead the College, Boosinger will draw from his previous experiences as an interim dean of the Clemson College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences and as vice president and provost of Auburn University. His area of expertise is veterinary pathology and he served previously as dean of Auburn’s College of Veterinary Medicine. Boosinger is tasked with continuing the positive momentum of the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities.