NSF Revises Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide
The National Science Foundation has announced revisions to the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures. The PAPPG has been modified in an effort to remove all the references to the Grant Proposal Guide (GPG) and the Award & Administration Guide (AAG). The new PAPPG will effect all proposals due, or submitted, on or after January 30, 2017. Other revisions include:
- Addition of new sections on Special Processing Instructions and Types of Proposals, including two new types, RAISE and GOALI;
- Additional instructions for proposers on completion of the Collaborators and Other Affiliations information;
- Supplemental guidance on submission of proposals by organizations impacted by a natural or anthropogenic disaster;
- Implementation of 45 CFR 690.118 for applications and proposals lacking definite plans for involvement of human subjects;
- Update on the type of information that NSF may request from proposers with regard to Federal environmental statutes;
- Supplemental information regarding treatment of NSF awards with canceled appropriations; and
- Numerous other changes and clarifications throughout the document.
The guidelines in the current PAPPG will continue to apply until January 2017. For more information, click here.