Student Spotlights

4spotlightherader1

What is yAmanda Kington IMG_0462our name? Amanda Kington

Where are you from? Lexington, South Carolina

What year are you?Senior

What’s your major / minor? Major – Biological Sciences

What 3 traits define you? Relational, Peacemaker, Driven

What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? My relationship with God

In one sentence, say something really weird or interesting about you.

If I were unable to be a doctor, my career goal would be to feed animals at a Zoo.

Where is your favorite study spot at Clemson?

5th Floor of the Library at the tables to the left

How did you choose Clemson?

Surprisingly, I actually used to be a Gamecock fan because my Dad went to USC. Clemson was not even on my radar until high school. When I took a tour of Clemson, I completely fell in love with the campus and the location. I was also greatly impressed by the quality of the biology program at Clemson. The good success rate for Clemson students getting into medical school was a plus!

What other activities / clubs are you involved in on campus and in the Honors College?

Within the Honors College, I am the President of the Honors Peer Mentor Program. I am also a member of the Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children (FIMRC). I really enjoy being a small group leader for Fellowship Christian Athletes (FCA), which is a prayer and encouragement team. Finally, something that I am more recently involved in is the pre-health student coalition.

What’s your favorite thing about Clemson and the Honors College?

I really love the faculty and staff within the Honors College. They are amazing at building relationships with students and they have been so helpful throughout my time at Clemson. I am also very thankful for the mentorship program because I really love being a part of it. If I could give advice to Honors students, I highly recommend the honors seminar courses because they are always my favorite classes.

What would you say is your greatest accomplishment that you are most proud of at Clemson so far?

I am most proud of my acceptance into the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville through the Early Assurance Program. This is a new partnership between Clemson and the Medical school and only 5 juniors are accepted early.

What’s your favorite Clemson memory?

Among many great Clemson memories, my most recent favorite is watching the Eclipse with my roommates. We went to the dikes by Esso to watch and I really felt a part of something bigger. Everyone was cheering at totality and the energy was electric. It was a great moment to share with my best friends and I’ll never forget it.

Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?

Disney World – because it is so magical and fun and everyone there is always happy.

Save

Save

Save

Save