Changes made to testing services on campus
With the move to Vickery Hall, testing services are being re-envisioned. Currently, only accommodated testing is supported, but new services are being developed. Stay Tuned!
As we move into the fall semester, the Test Proctoring Center has been relocated to the second floor of Vickery Hall and renamed, the University Testing & Education Center (UTEC).
Along with increasing testing services, you will soon hear about opportunities to reserve study or meeting rooms in the UTEC when these rooms are not being used for testing. This will include individual quiet study carrels, group and conference meeting rooms, and large programming spaces. Renovations will continue through the year, with completion of all work planned for March 2019.
In the meantime, we will continue to support the accommodated testing needs of our students.
Some things to know:
- AIM (Accessible Information Management) System. Through Student Accessibility Services (SAS), we are implementing a new management system to support accommodated testing. AIM has some exciting features in the faculty portal, including a list of all students in a class who have accommodations and their specific accommodations, the ability to upload tests directly to the system, and a testing contract that must only be completed once per class. Please contact SAS if you have questions.
- Testing Location – All accommodated testing will take place in the UTEC on the second floor of Vickery Hall.
- Test Delivery to the UTEC. While tests can still be dropped off at the UTEC during normal business hours, there is a new option for electronically delivery. Tests may still be sent to: ClemsonTPC@clemson.edu or can now be uploaded directly into AIM system when a student schedules a test. The UTEC’s business hours for test drop off/pick up are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Return of Completed Tests – Given the exponential increases in accommodated testing demands (7,000 annually) and a need to focus resources, we will no longer be able to provide delivery services for completed paper tests to instructors across campus.
- The following are options for obtaining completed tests:
- You may pick the test up in person in the UTEC 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- You may receive a scanned and emailed version of your test. UTEC staff will scan and send email completed tests within one business day following completion.
- Completed paper tests will only be released to authorized individuals. You must indicate in the Alternative Testing Contract if another person is authorized to pick up your test, such as a teaching assistant or testing coordinator. Anyone picking up a test must present their Clemson ID.
- Faculty are encouraged to use Canvas to develop electronic tests. The UTEC is increasing its capacity for supporting electronic based exams through Canvas with additional computer testing stations.
- Academic Integrity Violations. In the event of a suspected academic integrity violation, the video footage of the suspicious activity will be shared with the instructor, along with an Alleged Academic Misconduct Report. The footage will also be shared with Jeff Appling, associate dean of curriculum in the Office of Undergraduate Studies. The instructor will need to follow up with Appling to determine the next steps. Except in cases where it appears the student may be recording information on the test or otherwise sharing it (such as taking photos with a cell phone), the test session will not be interrupted due to the suspicion of a violation. For example, the use of a “cheat sheet” will not be interrupted, but the footage will be submitted to the instructor as mentioned above.