VoiceThread is a web based platform that enables faculty and students to collaborate by sharing and commenting on documents, videos, images, and text.
– To practice conversation in a language (mock interview, pronunciation of words, etc.)
– To discuss the art and culture of the natives who speak the language
– To have students present and share content with other students
– To simulate conversations in a new language
– To assess language skills
– To improve reading comprehension skills for new languages
VoiceThread engages learners by making students “use a variety of multimedia and modalities.” This technique has been found to be one of the most successful ways to encourage student engagement!
Make sure to visit these two websites in order to learn how YOU can incorporate VoiceThread into your Language class or any other classes you are teaching!