Summer Faculty Training Opportunities with Clemson Online and the Office of Teaching Effectiveness and Innovation
To help you prepare for summer, Clemson Online and the Office of Teaching Effectiveness and Innovation have a variety of training and workshop opportunities. These sessions will help you identify your existing course content that can be utilized and/or revised into an online environment.
Determine the level of support you would like and select one or more of the following:
- CONCERT (Full) – This five-week asynchronous and interactive course is intended for faculty teaching or developing courses online. This session begins on April 13th, so please sign-up before this date. The course is designed for anyone wishing to refresh or learn for the first time online teaching. Click here to register for CONCERT.
- CONCERT (Mini) – This condensed 2-week asynchronous and interactive course is intended for faculty teaching or developing courses online. This session begins on April 13th, so please sign-up before this date. Mini CONCERT will focus on utilizing Canvas, Zoom, Ensemble, and Monitor for the online learning environment. Click here to register for CONCERT Mini.
- Best Practices in Online Teaching and Student Engagement – This two to three hour interactive course will advise faculty on how to adjust pedagogy to deliver effective online teaching focused on creating a strong learning community, design activities and assignments using best practices for online engagement, problem-solving and peer learning, and coordinate with learning support units for students to access Clemson assistance effectively. Click here to sign up for Best Practices in Online Teaching.
- Online Course Design and Teaching Workshop – This two hour workshop will focus on building your summer course in Canvas utilizing materials from existing courses. Quick tips and tricks will be highlighted. Click here to register for an Online Course Design and Teaching Workshop.
- Academic Continuity Virtual Drop-Ins – Bring your specific questions about Clemson supported instructional technologies systems such as Zoom, Webex, Canvas, Ensemble, Camtasia, and Respondus Monitor to our experts every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Join our Virtual Meeting Space from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Don’t know where to start? Check out the Teaching Online Summer 2020 Guide.
More sessions will be added for Summer II faculty and teaching assistants soon. Clemson Online and the Office of Teaching Effectiveness and Innovation are here to support you, and we look forward to working with you.