Anchor links are used to navigate from a specific area to another specific area within a single Web page, or from a specific area on one Web page to a specific area on a different Web page. They are a good way to provide easy navigation through pages that have multiple sections of content.
- To create an anchor, click in the specific area the link will point to. Choose the “anchor” button in the WYSIWYG editor.
- In the pop-up window, name the anchor. The anchor becomes part of the URL so, like the System Name, it should be unique and Web friendly.
- Choose “insert” to set the anchor. Create as many anchors as you need.
- Make sure the page you are linking to has been submitted in Cascade.
- Select the text that will become the link.
- Choose the Insert/Edit link button on the WYSIWYG toolbar.
- Choose the Internal tab and select the page from Cascade that has the anchors in it. Type in the name of the anchor in the anchor field.
- Submit your page and publish.