« See All Posts

Students holding up shirts at Give Day 2021

B – Thankful!

April 22, 2021

Wow, Tigers!

I am absolutely blown away and filled with immense gratitude for our Clemson Family. In a celebration of the power of your generosity, Tigers came together for our sixth annual Give Day in a remarkable way yesterday, and I am thrilled to announce to you that 2,088 alumni and friends raised $1,772,848. The generosity and commitment you have for Clemson will forever amaze me. Every gift made during Give Day help us move Clemson forward toward a brighter future.

We were thrilled to be able to set up several socially-distanced areas around campus for our students to participate in this special day – and to begin their own tradition of giving back to Clemson. Throughout the day, Bubba Britton of the Clemson Alumni Association welcomed special guests on Facebook Live to discuss Give Day and the impact our gifts have on Clemson and our students. I was excited to kick off the day with Bubba to talk about what Give Day is and its importance for Clemson. If you missed them yesterday, I encourage you to go to the Clemson University Alumni Association Facebook page and watch the interviews.

Clemson students received shirts and popsicles after giving on Give Day

Your gifts will create transformative opportunities for Tigers everywhere, funding scholarships and initiatives that would not exist without your thoughtful generosity. The past year was marked with great change and even greater challenges, but yesterday proved that the Clemson Family is capable of overcoming anything when we come together. I am forever grateful for your commitment and dedication to supporting our fellow Tigers, and I want to personally thank each of you for yet again demonstrating your pride and loyalty to our University. We are building something great for tomorrow – together.

Thank you, and Go Tigers!

Brian O’Rourke