Clemson Bioengineering

JOSH LOVEKAMP, GORE PRODUCT SPECIALIST By Josh Lovekamp

After a combined ten years of college and graduate school, it is hard to imagine what life might be like outside of academia. During my first visit to the Medical Products Division of W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., I learned that it doesn’t have to be that different. That was almost 13 years ago today, and since that time I have enjoyed the opportunity to continue in my role as a Product Specialist at Gore.

As the name suggests, a Product Specialist is just that—the one person in the organization who is responsible for understanding the nuanced details of the diseases or conditions being treated as well as the technology that enables the products that treat them. This breadth of responsibility requires a lot of collaboration, both with other Gore Associates as well as with physicians and scientists outside of Gore and around the world. Whether working with a team of engineers and scientists to develop new treatment options or sales and marketing teams to ensure the success of existing products, the Product Specialist at Gore remains integral.

With the majority of my time as a Gore Associate spent as a Product Specialist, I have had the opportunity to work with dozens of world-renowned physicians and surgeons leading their respective fields in cutting edge therapies, some of which I have had the honor to help develop. I have also had the privilege to continue working with numerous fellow Clemson BioE alumni who have since joined me at Gore, all of whom have been excellent ambassadors for the Department. Nothing could be more exciting for me and my wife, who is also a Clemson grad, than bringing a little bit of Clemson to Arizona — one new Gore Associate at a time! Go Tigers!