Richard Brooks named Distinguished Member of the Association for Computing Machinery

January 22, 2022

By Paul Alongi

A Clemson University computer engineer who is developing new tools to advance freedom of expression on the internet and help protect people in Africa from terrorists and repressive governments was selected as a Distinguished Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).

Richard Brooks is among the newest Distinguished Members of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).

Richard Brooks, a professor in the Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Clemson, was recognized by his ACM peers for outstanding scientific contributions to computing.

“I am honored to be listed alongside such a distinguished group of talented, hard-working individuals,” Brooks said. “I thank my nominators, ACM and all those who have supported me throughout my career.”

ACM’s Distinguished Member program is aimed at recognizing honorees’ professional achievements and long-standing membership with the association, while underscoring how professional society membership enhances career growth.

Brooks joined Clemson as an associate professor in 2004 and has been a full professor since 2014.

For the full story, visit ClemsonNews.

Blog Home

University Calendar