Senior Justin Jones

November 14, 2016

View More: http://jacobdeanphotography.pass.us/cbbsday2

Name: Justin Jones
Expected Graduation Year: May 2017
Degrees(s): B.S. Financial Management & B.S. Management
Emphasis: Corporate Finance & Supply Chain Management
Minor(s): Accounting
Hometown: Port Jefferson, NY

Why did you choose Finance as a major?
During my sophomore year at Clemson University I took an introductory finance class and really enjoyed it. I had a very interactive teacher, Dr. Jack Wolf, who made the class interesting and engaging. From that class on, I knew that finance was not only something I was good at but also something I truly enjoyed.

What career field/job would you like to pursue after graduating?
At this point in time I have accepted a job at the United Parcel Service (UPS) where I will be putting both my Finance & Supply Chain Management degree to work.  Due to the sheer size of UPS I will have many opportunities at the company to grow my knowledge in both fields as well as my professional experience.

What has been your favorite/most memorable moment at Clemson?
I would have to say that the weekend we played Louisville when Clemson was ranked #5 and Louisville was ranked #3. This game was during my senior year at Clemson and was the most intense football game I have ever watched. This game had college playoff implications and it was fantastic that we were able to pull off the upset.

Any recent accomplishments?
Last semester I was awarded the Excellence in Supply Chain Management award from Clemson University. Supply Chain Management is a field that I have a lot of interest in right now and my efforts in the classroom reflect that.

Do you have a great internship experience you’d like to share?
This past summer I was able to preform an internship with the United Parcel Service (UPS). I worked right outside of Atlanta for the whole summer. During my time there I was able to translate what I had learned in the classroom to the real world. I was also able to develop skills that I didn’t previously have. Networking was the key takeaway I took from my internship, I went out of my way everyday to meet new people at the company. Through this I was able to meet with Vice President’s and Presidents of UPS, which was a great experience. I believe this helped me secure a job for after graduation.

What do you think prepared you the most?
Clemson University played a large part in my preparation for my internship. The areas I have been studying at school allowed for a fluent transition into the business world.

Any words of advice to other students?
I have two pieces of advice that I would like to share. First, I think the best advice I could have for other students is to put yourself out there; you really never know where a job opportunity may stem from. Second, it is extremely important to perform in the class room.