Clemson’s board of trustees seeks to honor the highest level of scholastic or professional achievement at the national and international level. The board’s Faculty Award for Excellence is given annually to faculty members who have either been honored by academic or professional societies at the national or international level with National Academy of Sciences “highly prestigious” award or have demonstrated exceptional achievements in research, teaching and service.
Criteria for eligibility
· Self-nominations will only be accepted from national or international award recipients.
· Award recipients from February 2018 will be eligible.
Categories for nominations
-National Academy of Sciences “Highly Prestigious Award” Click here to see the current list of qualifying awards. To see the list, click on the broad field name.
-Research, teaching and service as tied to university strategic goals (ClemsonForward and land-grant mission) and college/unit goals
· Oct. 8, 2018 – Nomination period opens.
· Nov. 8, 2018 – Nomination period closes.
· November – December – Nominations are reviewed and vetted by committee.
· January 2019 – Winners notified.
· February 2019 – Awards dinner held in conjunction with the spring quarterly meeting of the board of trustees.
· Winners will be selected on an annual basis by a committee appointed by the board of trustees.
· The identity of nominees shall be confidential throughout the review and selection process.
· An electronic nomination form must be submitted during the nomination period.
· Additional backup materials or letters of support will not be accepted.
Please visit this link to complete the nomination process.