Cadet Davis lets us in on his Summer CST Experiences!

November 5, 2021

How was CST/Summer Training for you? 

Advanced camp was a very impactful experience because it allowed me to put to use the skills that my instructors, friends, and mentors have taught me over these last 3 years. My Cadre did an excellent job of creating a stress-inducing environment that revealed everyone’s strengths and weaknesses. The environment they created allowed us to be self-aware in areas that we can improve. As leaders, self-awareness is critical to our professional development and performance as future Officers. 

On the other hand, Airborne was a 3-week vacation. The first two weeks consist of ground week and tower week where you learn to execute a proper parachute landing fall, how to rig up your parachute, the 5 points of performance for a parachute jump, and emergency procedures. The final week is jump week where you execute 5 parachute jumps. There is no adrenaline rush quite like jumping out of a C130 going 150 mph hoping your parachute will inflate. Airborne All The Way!

What advice would you give to cadets going to CST next year?

My advice to Cadets getting ready to attend any summer training next year is to reach out to other Cadets and Soldiers and learn more about their experience. I made so many “small world” connections and learned so much about the Army through those conversations. Master the art of conversation because it will allow you, as a leader, to build connections for your future. The Army is truly a small world.

University Events