Staff Recognition

From time to time, our customers let us know how we’re doing. Below are encouraging words we’ve received from those we support regarding members of our staff. If you would like to recognize a member of University Facilities for outstanding service, please let us know.

Roger Wiggins, Minor Projects

From Alex Feltus,

wiggin3

Roger Wiggins, Minor Projects

Roger Wiggins just informed me that a BRC300 renovation project he managed for my department is 99% complete and on time. Roger made the entire process easy and went above and beyond. I just wanted to send a little praise his way and hope you see the value in his efforts improving our great University.

Alex Feltus,
Associate Professor, Department of Genetics & Biochemistry

John Charles, Maintenance Services

From Gail Grieger.

John Charles

John Charles, Maintenance Services

John Charles was working on the lights in McAdams Hall. The hallway lighting was out. I had an appointment with a near blind student who walks with a cane for assistance. As my student entered the building, Mr. Charles escorted her to my office because he correctly assumed she would have difficulty navigating the dark hallways. She must have mentioned that she needed an advising sheet because after he dropped her at my office he went back to look for an advising sheet. He then came to my office to let me know they were all gone and needed restocking.

Mr. Charles went out of his way to be helpful and accommodating. I and my student both appreciated his kindness and thoughtfulness.

Gail Grieger,
Academic Advisor, School of Computing

Russell Coker, Locksmith

Russell Coker, Locksmith

Russell Coker, Locksmith

From Wendy Baldwin.

I wanted to take a minute to let you know that Russ was an enormous help to us when someone lost a set of keys and locks needed to be changed!  We had a number of cores that needed to be changed in an emergency situation and many, many keys to make for doors that our researchers share and need to access frequently.  Russ was able to quickly assist us and help with getting all the cores changed and all the keys cut.  This was amazing considering he had to do it all without help!  We really, really appreciate his great attitude and willingness to help us.  He is an asset to the CU Maintenance group!

Wendy Baldwin,
College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences

Mark Albertson, Core Campus Crew

E-mail to the Director of Landscape Services.

Mark Albertson, Core Campus Supervisor

Mark Albertson, Core Campus Supervisor

Currently the amphitheater is in a “construction disarray”. However, the North Green offsets this quite nicely. The maintenance folks are doing a tremendous  job of upkeep. We certainly appreciate their effort and hard work.

Bobby Roach, Custodian

From a Faculty Member from Brackett Hall.

I want to send along a note concerning the custodial services in my building, Brackett Hall. I am on the first floor. I see Bobby hard at work every morning when I arrive around 7 am, and he is always quick to say hello. Bobby keeps our area very clean. Our restrooms, drinking fountains, offices, and hallways look consistently great. I know I speak for my colleagues when I say that we appreciate what Bobby does for us. Many times consistently great work gets overlooked and perhaps becomes expected. But I realize we are fortunate to have Bobby and we benefit from his attention to detail and his work ethic.

I hope that this note reinforces what I’m sure you already know that Bobby is a dedicated member of Clemson University and is deserving of high praise. If there are others who also work alongside Bobby in my area of the building, please know I appreciate all they do, as well. I have only met and consistently see Bobby, though, so that is why my note focuses on him.