Staff Recognition

From time to time, our customers let us know how we’re doing. Below are encouraging words we’ve received from those we support regarding members of our staff. If you would like to recognize a member of University Facilities for outstanding service, please let us know.

Keith Martin, Support Services

Keith Martin, Fleet, Asset & Inventory Management Manager

From Jimmy Mullinax

Joy,

I just wanted to send a note to say thanks to Keith Martin. He recently assisted Campus Recreation in providing us an emergency supply of dry wipes as our delivery was delayed. With these wipes, we did not have to scramble to find an alternative and could continue to offer wipes for our participants to wipe down fitness equipment after they used it.

Keith is always very helpful when we need something, so I appreciate not only the effort he and his staff provide, but also their positive attitudes. I can tell they like their jobs!

So from me and Campus Recreation, thanks to Keith and his team!

Go Tigers!

Jimmy Mullinax
US Army Lieutenant Colonel Retired
Director, Facilities & Operations, Campus Recreation

Mack Whitmire and Joey Dickard, Maintenance Services

Joey Dickard

Mack Whitmire

From Jaz Hamilton-Allen

Good morning Mike,

I’m writing to express how pleased I am with two Facilities team members – Mack Whitmire and Joey Dickard.

Recently, we submitted a request to have two cubes reconstructed (including the relocation of two computers). We expected the task would be difficult and take a lot of time. Well, not for your guys! Acting as clear subject matter experts, they came right in, fully assessed the situation and were able to take care of everything on the spot! Throughout the project, they made key suggestions, kept us informed and communicated their process well. Overall, they did a fantastic job and couldn’t have been more helpful.

They went above and beyond on our project and we are grateful!

Best,

Jaz Hamilton-Allen, MBA
Organizational Development Lead
Clemson Office of Human Resources

Dale Herron, Maintenance Services

Dale Herron, HVAC Technician

Dale Herron, HVAC Technician

From Anolyn Watkins

Dear Mike and Todd,

Just a quick note to thank whomever is responsible for assigning Dale Herron to Clemson Online in Pendleton. From the first moment he arrived to assist us, Dale has been responsive, shown a real interest in resolving our interests, has kept me updated on the progress made and future expectations, and has done it all with a smile and a willing spirit. He made sure I knew his name, and he’s only the fourth University Facilities employee to give me his cell phone number, which means a lot to those of us off-campus.

He has been a delight with whom to work, and I feel confident he will continue to do so. He’s also been respectful and kind, so again, thank you. Too often, we neglect to let supervisors, and especially unit heads, know how their employees are performing, so I hope this is helpful to you. I would certainly be remiss if I did not compliment you both on an exceptionally run organization. We appreciate you!

Anolyn K. Watkins
Administrative Coordinator
Clemson Online
Office of Teaching Effectiveness and Innovation

Al Drexler, Maintenance Services

Al Drexler, Painter

Al Drexler, Painter

From Christopher Spellman

My name is Christopher Spellman and on Wednesday morning. I submitted a request to spray for bugs and paint/caulk holes in my apartment walls where bugs were coming through.

I want to share my level of appreciation for John who sprayed yesterday and Al who covered the holes today for their excellent customer service and efficient work! Maintenance workers aren’t praised enough from students and it is because of them that I can reside in a more comfortable environment that’s conducive to my academic and personal success. Thank you!

Best regards,

Christopher Spellman
Graduate Assistant for Learning & Development
University Housing & Dining

Dennis Holt, Life Safety Team

Photo of Dennis Holt, Life Safety Manager

Dennis Holt, Life Safety Manager

From Melissa Fuentes to Dennis Holt

Hey Dennis!

I walked in this past weekend and WOW! The pipes look great!!!! I’m excited to FINALLY open those cabinets without having a 4 inch access space! 😂

I’m super happy with the way the pipes turned out but I’m even happier at how clean you left the museum! I’m beyond grateful at the speed you all worked at, how easily we communicated with each other and how quickly you responded to my need!

If it was up to me, all of you would get double pay, two weeks paid vacation, and a raise! Thank so much and if y’all ever need anything, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Melissa Fuentes
Campbell Museum of Natural History Curator
Department of Biological Sciences