Clemson University’s Army ROTC competes in 4th BDE’s Ranger Challenge

October 28, 2014

IMG_0053_2Clemson Army ROTC sent a team of Cadets to Ft. Pickett, Virginia to compete in a Brigade wide event, with 40 schools across the east coast called the Ranger Challenge. This event consisted of various soldiering skills based on: physical fitness, mental agility and critical thinking, evaluating a casualty, assembling a radio and its use to communicate, marksmanship, all which tested the endurance and fortitude of the Cadets. This team was composed of 11 cadets and 2 alternates, six freshmen, two sophomores, four juniors, and one senior, with the team captain being Cadet John Dunn. The team trained from the beginning of the semester on physical fitness and learning the skills that would lead them to success at the Ranger Challenge. Freshmen Alex Berg said “Overall it was an amazing experience. Our team bonded really well, and everyone made a huge effort and put in hard work during the event. Ranger Challenge has given me insight on Army training to come, and has shown me where I need to improve myself for the future.”  The team placed 23rd out of 40 teams, and is excited for ways which they can improve that score to become more successful next fall.

IMG_0082_2

IMG_0061_2

University Events