4-H News

Pinckney Leadership Program Highlight

4-H Pinckney Leader wins 2021 “Ride of Your Life” Scholarship

The South Carolina State Fair annually awards 50 scholarships to South Carolina high school students planning to pursue their studies at any public or private college, university, or technical college in the state. The $6,000 scholarships are awarded at an annual rate of $1,500 and are based on academic and extracurricular achievement, communication skills, need, and completeness of the application. We join the South Carolina State Fair in congratulating 4-H Pinckney Leader, Brianna Smalls, on being one of this year’s scholarship recipients. Brianna has been a 4-H member for the past 9 years, and an active member of the 4-H Pinckney Leadership Program since 2018. We are so proud of her and look forward to seeing what she’ll accomplish in the future as she begins her journey at the University of South Carolina.

Hear how the Pinckney Leadership Program has Impacted Youth in South Carolina

“Through the Pinckney Leadership Program, I have found the courage to further my leadership skills by running for leadership positions in 4-H. I currently serve as Vice President on the 2020-2021 South Carolina 4-H State Teen Council. I don’t believe that I would’ve ever had the courage to run for this position if it wasn’t for the Pinckney Leadership Program. In the Pinckney Leadership Program, I am a part of a family of leaders who are working to change the world. I will forever be grateful for what the Pinckney Leadership Program has done for me. I highly recommend this program to any youth who are ready to take the next step in leadership. The Pinckney Leadership Program helps to create the leaders of tomorrow.”- Brianna Smalls

See full article on the “Ride of Your Life” Scholarships here: https://www.scstatefair.org/sc-state-fair/media/2021/05/19/s.c.-state-fair-names-2021-scholarship-recipients

Submitted by: Rushawnda Olden, South Carolina Pinckney Leadership Program Coordinator