Together, we will elevate Clemson business education to new levels

July 12, 2019

Dean York with members of the College of Business Student Advisory Board

As I close in on my first year as dean of the College of Business, I have many fond memories of what makes Clemson University the special place we all know it to be.

But no memory is more important to me than how warmly I was accepted into the Clemson Family by so many generous alumni who have committed to giving their time and resources to better the future of business education at Clemson.

Last summer and fall, much of my time and energy was spent on a nationwide listening and learning tour. I met face-to-face with alumni, corporate partners, board members and potential employers of our graduates. I learned plenty about Clemson’s culture, impressions of the business school and the unwavering loyalty our alumni have to their alma mater.

Many of my encounters resulted in generous new gifts for the college, a restructuring of the college’s Senior Advisory Board, offers of internships and the development of long-term relationships with existing and future corporate business partners.

A debt of gratitude is owed to so many of our donors who have propelled fundraising for the first part of 2019 to record levels. You’ve provided funding for the new state-of-the-art home to business education currently under construction, exciting new program development, student scholarships, faculty fellowships and support for business education’s other top priorities.

As a result of this outpouring of support, the College’s future is bright. With your continued support, we are embarking on an energetic, strategic path forward that will raise the national stature of business education at Clemson.

When speaking with students, I emphasize the importance of teamwork and collaboration. And there’s a proverb I use to drive home that point: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”

I’ve witnessed the spirit of that proverb in my first year on the job here. Building a business-relevant program cannot be done by a few. It will take the power and passion of the Clemson community to elevate educational excellence in business. Together, we will go far.

Onward!

Sincerely,
Wendy York
Dean, College of Business

Upcoming Events