Senior Brady Hemmerle

November 6, 2017

Name: Brady D HemmerleBrady Hemmerle
Expected Graduation Year: May 2018
Major(s): Financial Management (BS)
Emphasis: Financial Planning
Minor(s): Accounting
Hometown: Annapolis, Maryland

Why did you choose Finance as a major?

I decided to choose finance as my major because I have always had an interest in markets and personal finance.  I always felt as though I excelled best in accounting and finance classes and enjoy continuing to learn about the financial world.

What career field/job would you like to pursue after graduating?

I would like to earn a CFP(R) designation and become a financial planner who assists families and small business.

What has been your favorite/most memorable moment at Clemson?

My favorite Clemson moment was traveling to Tampa to watch the national championship game.  I arrived without a ticket and was able to sneak inside the stadium and watch the tigers win.

Any recent accomplishments?

I am currently in the process of starting a new club at Clemson which promotes and emphasizes the financial planning as a career path.

Do you have a great internship experience you’d like to share?

Over the past two summer I worked for WPG Financial Group located in Baltimore, Maryland.  As the sole intern I helped enhance efficiency while also performing research on a broad scope of securities, using programs such as Rpag and Morningstar Advisor.  In addition I helped construct financial plans and meet with clients to address their financial needs.

What do you think prepared you the most?

I think my internship along with my coursework has prepared me most for graduation and future employment.

Any words of advice to other students?

My words of advice to other students would be to pick a major that they enjoy and then take every opportunity that Clemson provides, both in and outside the classroom.