Industrial Engineering

Faculty Spotlight: Yongjia Song

Yongjia Song has just been awarded a 3-year grant from the Office of Naval Research (ONR) to study topics related to contested logistics, with a total amount of about $350K. The concept is that (military) logistics planning should incorporate the possibility of being contested and challenged by an adversary.

“We will be studying basic research questions and creating new optimization models and algorithms that integrate logistics planning into operational planning for anticipated threat mitigation with a competitive and intelligent adversary.”

Why Clemson IE?
“It helps me grow as a faculty member. I have been impressed by the energy from our students and colleagues, and I have been very fortunate to be on the journey with everyone to bring Clemson IE to the next level. It is a great feeling as a faculty member to grow together with the department and profession.”

Career Goal:
“My career goal is to enhance our community’s resiliency against hazards, disasters, and other emergency situations, whether they are natural or man-made, by creating novel operations research tools and educating the next-generation STEM workforce and future leaders.”