Industrial Engineering

Tuğçe Işık joins IE faculty as research assistant professor

Tugce_Isik-new-faculty-15The Department of Industrial Engineering at Clemson University is very pleased to announce the hiring of Tuğçe Işık as a research assistant professor.  Işık earned her B.S. at Boğaziçi University, which is one of the most prestigious engineering universities worldwide.  She will soon complete her Ph.D. from the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE) at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), under the direction of Drs. Sigrun Andradottir and Hayriye Ayhan.  Her current research involves management of non-collaborating flexible servers in queueing systems and applications of queueing modeling to manufacturing and service systems.

In addition to her success as a researcher, Işık has already demonstrated excellence in the classroom.  She served as the instructor for four courses while at Georgia Tech, and was recognized with the 2015 ISyE Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award.

Işık will begin her Clemson career in August 2015, and the IE department eagerly anticipates her contributions as an academic leader.