Summer School Online 2024

This year, the Glenn Department of Civil Engineering at Clemson University is offering a variety of classes online – undergraduate and graduate.  Join us and catch up or get ahead this summer!  

These courses provide online and summer scheduling flexibility and the opportunity to take technical elective courses in Civil Engineering to Clemson students as well as students from other colleges and universities. These courses are also expected to be of interest to established engineering practitioners who can take these courses while working full-time and potentially use them to achieve PDH’s. 

Many employers encourage employees to take these courses by offering full or partial funding. Please reach out to your employer to see if support is available.

Current Clemson Students

Current Clemson students will register for summer courses through iROAR.

Not a Current Clemson Student…. applications accepted until

  • May 7, 2024 for first summer and full summer, and
  • June 20, 2024 for second summer

If you are currently an undergraduate student at another institution, you may apply to attend Clemson as an undergraduate transient student.  Because we do not have all of your classes on file, you may receive an error when you try to register for a class with a pre-requisite course.  We can provide overrides in this situation.  You will just need to email 
CE Student Services

If you are currently a graduate student at another institution or hold a bachelor’s degree, you may apply to attend Clemson as a graduate transient/special student. 

If you are not currently a college student at any institution, regardless of bachelor’s degree status, you may apply to attend Clemson as a non-degree-seeking special student. High school students fall into this category. For undergraduate or graduate classes, the choice depends on whether to take 4000 or 6000-level courses. In most cases, you will want to apply as a graduate student.

Summer Application Steps

  1. Determine which courses you would like to take. Courses numbered 1000-4999 are taught at the undergraduate level. Courses numbered 6000-8999 are taught at the graduate level. Note that some courses are offered at both the 4000- and 6000-level. In that case, you should choose the course that grants you the credit you wish to receive. Keep in mind that the 6000-level course will include additional work in the form of research projects or papers. 
  2. Apply as either a special student or transient student, undergraduate or graduate. If you are unsure which application you should use, please contact us by email or 864-656-3000.
  3. Fill out the Transient/Special Student Enrollment Form. Email it along with your choice of classes so that you may receive an override to register to: CE Student Services
  4. Once your application has been accepted, register for your courses through iROAR.

Note that courses must meet minimum enrollments; otherwise, classes may be canceled and tuition refunded in full. Application fees cannot be refunded.