Department of Marketing New Faculty – Fall 2022

November 30, 2022

Dr. Ezgi Akpinar Ferrand

Ph.D. in Geography & Geographic Information Systems

University of Cincinnati

Clemson Region SBDC Student Consultant Center Director

Lecturer | Marketing

“Dr. Ezgi Akpinar Ferrand is a Marketing teaching faculty and Clemson Region SBDC Student Consultant Center Director. Her interest areas include startup market research, go-to-market strategy, location analysis and small business marketing. She is also a former small business owner, Sweet Spot Bakeshop, a bakery with two locations in Clemson and Greenville, SC.”

Jon Lopez

M.B.A

Clemson University

Lecturer | Marketing

“Having taught at another college for the past few years, I am excited to now be part of the Marketing team at Clemson University. I have had the privilege of mentoring many Clemson students over the years through internships and employment, and the experience has always been exceptional. I look forward to watching my graduate and undergraduate students make an impact on their communities in the future.”

Lisa Papenfus

MS Marketing | BS Marketing

Clemson University

Lecturer | Marketing

“I’m happy to join the Department of Marketing for many reasons. As a Clemson graduate, it feels great to be back “home” on campus. Prior to teaching, my career in advertising and marketing allowed me to work with clients in many industries. This affords me the opportunity to bring my business-world experience to the classroom which helps give students an idea of how the marketplace works. I love teaching, especially the Principles of Marketing course as this allows me to introduce the world of marketing to students in many different majors.

Adam Stone

M.B.A. Finance | BS Mechanical Engineering

New York University Stern School of Business, Lehigh University

Professor of Practice | Marketing

“I joined Clemson as a full-time Professor of Practice this Fall of 2023. I currently teach Strategic Marketing Management. I came to Clemson after an exciting career as a CEO leading high-growth, small to mid-sized companies in Specialty Apparel. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to contribute to the student experience at as such a wonderful university!