Student Accolades and Achievements

April 18, 2021

Markvan Bellamy Brooks Endowed Scholarship

Endowed in memory of Robert H. Brooks’ late son, Mark Brooks ’91, this fund provides scholarships to undergraduate scholarships to students who major in one of the legacy programs.

Department of Mechanical Engineering has conducted the search and selected the winner of Bellamy Brooks Scholarship based on GPA, career goal and class/intern/volunteer activities.

Congratulations to one of our very own, Hope Wilson, on receiving this scholarship!

Here are a few things she had to say about it:

“I heard about the scholarship through an email my advisor sent out. I figured it would be a great opportunity to showcase my love for the automotive industry being a woman in STEM. It also was a possibility of get a little funding to help out with covering some of the cost of attendance at Clemson since I am responsible for covering the majority of the costs through my college career.”
“It will be providing $2,000 in funding for the next academic year to help out with covering the costs of tuition, books, etc.”
“In order to qualify, I had to have an interest in pursuing a career in the Motorsports industry. I only recently added this career choice into my list of possible paths after taking a vehicle dynamics course for the automotive certificate program. I had to discuss what I would want to do within the motorsports industry and what led me to include it in my career options.”
If you are interested in learning more visit their website.