Sonoco Institute welcomes new Project Coordinator

September 11, 2019

By Kadence Baker

The Sonoco Institute welcomed Kenny Tucker as the new Project Coordinator of the Advanced Print Technologies Lab in August 2019. Tucker received his B.S. in Graphic Communications from Clemson University in 2004. 

Kenny Tucker applies a plate to an anilox roll with stick-back tape

Sonoco Institute (SI): You became the Project Coordinator for the Sonoco Institute in August. What exactly does that entail?

Kenny Tucker (KT): I organize and manage materials, student workers, timelines for printing, research projects, and seminars.

SI: What is your favorite part about working in the Sonoco Institute so far?

KT: I enjoy the Clemson family atmosphere the most.

SI: What projects/workshops/seminars are you looking forward to this fall? 

KT: The FTA Fall Conference will be a lot of fun to reconnect with a lot of people I haven’t seen in years as well as meet some new people. We’ve got a lot of different types of tests coming up, but I’m most looking forward to teaching some seminars and answering real world questions about flexographic printing techniques.

SI: What is the most exciting part about working for your alma mater?

KT: The most exciting parts are the little bits of tradition that I get to experience every day like walking by the 100+ year old oak trees to hearing the Tiger Band on the practice field.

SI: What was your previous work experience before you began working for Clemson?

KT: My previous experience ranges from global wide web flexo companies to a small family-owned digital company. At each of these experiences, the thing that I remember most are the people that worked at those locations with me. 

SI: What is one thing you want people to know about you, or any other fun facts about yourself?

KT: I have several hobbies from frisbee to gardening to fly fishing, but my newest and most unique fun fact is that I like to age whiskey in my basement.

Click here to learn more about print trials in the Advanced Print Technologies Lab.

Sonoco Institute Events

• No events found