Following an annual tradition, the Department of Chemistry held its 2018 Student Honors and Awards ceremony on April 13 in the Auditorium of Hunter Hall.
“Our students worked very hard for many years and we would like to recognize not only their efforts but also the incredible support from their families and friends” said Bill Pennington, chair of the department of chemistry and professor of inorganic chemistry at Clemson University.
For Anthony Spyropoulos, recipient of the American Institute of Chemists Award, this was a particularly important milestone. His father, who was present at the event, had also received the award back in 1981 from the University of Maryland.
Without a question, this is one of the most important days for the Department and we are extremely proud of their accomplishments.
The recipients of this year’s awards are:
1. Outstanding Student in General Chemistry Award
2. Outstanding Student in Introductory Chemistry Award
3. Chemical Rubber Company Award
4. Outstanding Student in Organic Chemistry Award
5. Houghton Mifflin/ICUC First Year Chemistry Award
6. Outstanding Sophomore Chemistry Major Award
Judson (Blake) Parker
7. Undergraduate Award in Analytical Chemistry
8. Undergraduate Award in Inorganic Chemistry
9. Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry
10. Undergraduate Award in Physical Chemistry
11. American Institute of Chemists Award
12. Merck Index Award
13. Senior Researcher Award
14. Chemistry Faculty Award
15. American Chemical Society Award
16. Chemistry Outreach Award
17. Graduate Faculty Award
18. Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award in Chemistry
Tatiana Estrada-Mendoza and Erina Mills
19. Outstanding Graduate Researcher Award in Chemistry
20. Warwick Chemical Foundation Award in Chemistry
21. Mark Bernhard Hardin Award in Chemistry
If you want to see all the pictures from the event, please visit this link.