Beginning mid-August 2018, principal investigators (PI’s) and faculty of sponsored projects awarded to Clemson University will see an improved method of verifying pay charged toward sponsored project and federal land grant activities. The new system, Sponsored Compensation Verification System, incorporates the exceptional feedback received by our project team from faculty, staff, and current certifiers of the Clemson Link to Employee Activity Reports (CLEAR) system. The CLEAR system is expected to be retired during late summer.
A few of the major and widely anticipated changes of the new system include:
- Reports will be produced bi-annually for approval rather than three times per year.
- The new report will represent real dollars rather than percentages.
- PI’s will approve personnel paid on a project-by-project basis rather than individually by person.
- Graduate students will no longer be responsible for approving their own reports.
- PIs will approve reports for all employees on each sponsored project for which they are responsible (inclusive of related cost-share funds 10, and 15).
Additional communications, including reference to quick guides and frequently asked question documents, will be provided to assist in the transition to the new system in advance of the systems’ launch in mid-August. Meanwhile if you have any questions or comments, please email Tracy Walters or Karen Lantgios for additional information.