Meet the Interns

September 23, 2020

Following an unprecedented conclusion to the spring semester and a summer of uncertainty, Clemson students are finally back on campus and prepared to make the most of the hybrid fall semester. As a communication department, we have selected three bright Student-Athlete interns to work under the Communication Department Director of Undergraduate Studies and Senior Lecturer, Dr. Lori Pindar, Ph.D. These students will be using this time to develop skills and gain experience to help with their future career goals.

See below to learn about Bridget Kane, Pepper Kolman, and James Edwards 

Bridget Kane 

Bridget Kane ’21

My name is Bridget Kane and I am a rising Senior from Haddonfield, NJ, a small town in the Philadelphia area. I am a Marketing major with minors in Sports Communication and Science and Technology in Society. During my time at Clemson, I have been on either the President’s List or the Dean’s List each semester.

At Clemson, I am a member of the Women’s Varsity Rowing Team. While on the rowing team, I have made the ACC Academic Honor Roll every semester, was a member of the 2018-19 All ACC Academic Team, was a 2018 – 19 CRCA National Scholar-Athlete, won the Most Improved Varsity Award in 2019, and earned a 3rd Place Medal at the ACC Championship as a member of the 2V8+ in 2019. Further, I am the President of Tigers Unite, a group of Student Athletes dedicated to fight social injustices and racial inequalities. 

Before this internship, I was an intern at Campus Banner and Design where I transformed the social media platforms into spaces that properly represented the company brand. I will be able to use the skills learned in my previous internship to properly express myself on behalf of the Communication Department by keeping their brand in mind. During this internship I plan to write blog posts, interview faculty, staff, alumni, and students and edit videos for the youtube channel.

When I am not participating in the above activities, you will find me running, walking or playing with my dog, watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, or being on the lake on a boat, tube, or dock. But, if at all possible you will find me in the ocean. I loved to surf, swim, stand up paddle board, kayak, and just float through the waves. Even though there is no close by ocean and I am 12 hours from my family, I still have always felt at home in Clemson because of the Clemson Family and Tiger Pride. 

Pepper Kolman 

Pepper Kolman ’22

My name is Pepper Kolman and I am a junior Economics and Women’s Leadership double major. I grew up in Princeton, New Jersey, but my family has since moved to Lynchburg, Virginia. I am a member of the rowing team and I have been on the ACC honor roll and the Dean’s List during my time at Clemson. 

I came to Clemson to be a part of the women’s rowing team, however, during the past two years, I have fallen in love with the school. Last fall I pledged Clemson’s Professional Business Fraternity, Delta Sigma Pi. This has helped me immensely by expanding my professional skills, community engagement, and introducing me to a great group of friends. By joining DSP and student organizations such as It’s on Us and Women in Business I have begun to find my Clemson Family. 

An interesting fact about me is that I went to a Swiss boarding school in Leysin, Switzerland, for my junior and senior years of high school. During my free time you will find me swimming, running, or hanging out with friends. Ideally, I like to spend my time outdoors, surfing or skiing. I have spent the past five summers as an ocean rescue lifeguard in New Jersey, but I love the mountains just as much. 

Post-grad I hope to continue my education by pursuing a masters degree in Economics or Public Policy before entering the workforce full-time. When the time comes, I am interested in global consulting for a Big 4 accounting firm for a few years and then becoming a lobbyist.     

James Edwards 

James Edwards ’21

My name is James Edwards and I am a senior PRTM major and Athletic Leadership minor from Vestavia Hills, Alabama. At Clemson I am a member of the football team. My favorite memory while at Clemson was winning the National Championship in 2018 since it was my first National Championship. During this internship, I am working to create interview questions, research professors, conduct faculty and staff interviews and help introduce students to their faculty and staff support in creative and innovative ways.

This semester, I am looking forward to everyone getting back on campus and out of the virtual world. In fact, my biggest issue with COVID-19 has been finding motivation to do all of my school work on time and not last minute.

A fun fact about me is I am a twin. When I am not playing football or in class, you can find me playing video games, watching anime and singing karaoke. My other interests include sports, working out, video games and being with my friends. After graduation, I want to become a sports coach or a strength coach. Eventually, I also want to become a small business owner.

Comments