Meet the Interns Fall ’23 !!

September 5, 2023

With a new semester and academic year ahead of us we are so ecstatic to be assisting the Department of Communication as media interns! To learn more about us as interns and Clemson students read below:

Lindsay Kaine

Where are you from?

Vienna, Virginia (outside of Washington D.C)

What grade are you in?

Junior 

Why did you choose Clemson?

I wanted a change of pace and have always had family in South Carolina so I decided to take a leap of faith and go out of state! I have loved my time as a Tiger and am so glad I found the school for me.

What is your major and why are you interested in that field? 

I am an English major with a communication minor and I am interested in these fields because I have a passion for writing and content creation and I feel that by pursuing these degrees I can learn how to apply what I already love doing to a career.

What has been your favorite memory as a Clemson Tiger so far?

Running down the hill after the final home football game of my freshman year. We had just beat Wake Forest and it was my first time being able to run to the field with all of my friends and classmates. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to incoming freshman?

Get involved in as much as you can! College is such a great place to try new things and meet new people so get yourself outside of your comfort zone. 

What is your favorite spot-on campus?

The Tiger Media center in Hendrix! Since joining The Tiger newspaper it has become my home away from home. 

What was your summer anthem?

Karma by Taylor Swift

Sophia Wilkins

Where are you from?

Scotch Plains, NJ

What year are you?

Senior 😭

Why did you choose Clemson?

I chose Clemson because my english teacher convinced me to apply and visit as she thought it would be a good fit for me. The second I stepped foot on campus i fell in love with it and knew this was the place for me!

I’m a communication major. I’m interested in this field because it is so broad and there are so many different career paths that I can take with it which I need because I am indecisive.

My favorite memory as a Clemson Tiger so far has to be all of the home game days. The environment and energy is unmatched to anything else ive ever experienced and it just makes me so happy!

What is one piece of advice you would give to incoming freshmen?

I would tell incoming freshmen to not pass up any opportunities even if they are scared to do 

something/feel unqualified. The truth is everyone feels unqualified until they take that leap and throw themselves into it.

What is your favorite spot-on campus?

My favorite spot on campus is the amphitheater- i like to sit in the sun there in between classes

What was your summer anthem?

My anthem of the summer was Bad Memories by Meduza!

Izzy Klett

Where are you from?

Chicago, Illinois 

What year are you?

Senior 

Why did you choose Clemson?I chose Clemson because of the family aspect it gave me when i visited, everyone is very nice

What is your major and why are you interested in that field?My major is sociology and I am interested in it because it helps me better understand humans which can help for many different career paths.

What advice would you give incoming freshmen?The advice i would give an incoming freshman is to take advantage of all the amazing opportunities that Clemson offers

What is your favorite spot on campus?

My favorite spot on campus is the rowing Dike, I love to go on runs there at sunset or go swim

What was your song of the summer? 

Soweto by Victony, Rema, and Don Toliver

Now that you you’ve gotten to know us we can’t wait to get to know you! 

How to find us online:

LinkedIn: Department of Communication-Clemson University

YouTube: ClemsonCOMMChannel

Instagram: @Clemson_Comm

Twitter: @ClemsonCOMM

Facebook. @ClemsonCOMM

Online: www.clemson.edu/communication

Comments