CES 2015 – Robert B. (’70) and Susan B. Hambright Annual Leadership Program in Engineering

April 9, 2015

curtis

Dr. Ram and Benjamin Curtis

The Robert B. (’70) and Susan B. Hambright Annual Leadership Program in Engineering is designed to create awareness of the power and impact that can be achieved through leadership.

It recognizes eligible junior and senior engineering students.

This year’s Hambright honoree plans to use his mechanical engineering degree to pursue a career in the aerospace engineering, then he intends to pursue a successful campaign in national politics.

We have no doubt he’ll make it. Since coming to Clemson he has been an advocate in the Clemson Student Veterans Association.

His foundational leadership skills were developed in the United States Marine Corps. He served for nine years, including deployment during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

About his military experience he had this observation, “I cannot overvalue the leadership skills I garnered in the Marine Corps, but they need to be the foundation, not the capstone for the suite of skills I need to reach all of my career goals.”

This year ME senior, Benjamin Curtis, is the Robert B. (’70) and Susan B. Hambright Annual Leadership Program in Engineering honoree.