SGIA Expo 2018 – Las Vegas, NV

November 1, 2018

ClemsonGC students- Jeremy Johnson, Jacob Dahill, and Clayce Reid- attend SGIA

This past October of 2018, three Graphic Communication students; Jeremy Johnson, Jacob Dahill, & Clayce Reid, were given the amazing opportunity to travel to the Specialty Graphics & Imaging Association (SGIA) Expo in Las Vegas Nevada. SGIA is the largest trade show for printing technology in North America. It is the trade association of choice among professionals in the industrial, graphic, garment, textile, electronics, packaging, and commercial printing communities looking to grow their business into new market segments through the incorporation of the latest technologies. They were able to meet and connect with many prominent printing companies and their representatives such as; Mimaki, Roland, HP, & many more.  

Here is a few of their stories and experiences from their trip:

• “SGIA had an endless amount of vendors and educators that were giving insight into new technologies and future of the industry. This was great because it got all of us talking about the industry and gave us an opportunity to build on the foundation of knowledge all on day one. In hindsight I only wish we could have stayed longer in order to sit in on more education sessions.” – Jake
  • “As SGIA’s scholarship recipient, it was an honor to be able to attend their trade show and learn more about the printing industry first hand. It felt amazing to know that there was so many people, businesses, and organizations attending that related directly to what I was learning in my classes. It felt like a community; a very professional one, but community. I couldn’t wait to get back and tell my friend all about the new technology and cool things I saw. “ – Clayce
  • “I have always wanted to attend one of the many trade shows that the GC department participates in each year, and what better way to end my senior year than to do just that in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. For me the showcase was a great booster shot and somewhat of an eye opener as I prepare to enter the industry post graduation in December. Some of the most interesting trends of the industry that caught our eyes overall was: direct to garment printing, dye sublimation, technology and equipment for CNC routers, laser engraving, cylinder printing, and many of the flatbed large format printers.” – Jeremy

Overall it was a great trip and we learned a lot.

Comments