Senior GC student teaches an Adobe Livestream from California

March 7, 2019

Paul Johnson prepares to start his AdobeXD livestream at Adobe Headquarters in California

Written by Paul Johnson, Undergraduate Student Class of 2019

In 2016, I was introduced to Adobe XD (Experience Design)—a design platform focused heavily on interface prototyping for web, application, and software design—while taking GC 3400 – Digital Imaging and eMedia. Unlike other design applications such as Adobe Illustrator or InDesign, XD has a simplified pallet of tools and provides a space to generate ideas very quickly. Since 2016, Adobe has done a significant amount of development on XD and has added new features to extend the creative potential of the product. I use XD extensively in both my coursework at Clemson and my personal creative work, but also in GC 2400 – Intro to Web Development, a course which I’ve taken, taught, and helped to teach over the past few semesters.

In February, I was invited to Adobe–San Francisco to host a livestream session about Adobe XD that would be broadcasted on March 1st. The weeks leading up to the session were filled with scheduling, planning, and building the resources for my talk in XD. The topic of the stream was about how to leverage Adobe XD to make your design work more impactful. While XD is intended for interface prototyping, many of its exclusive features allow the platform to be used for a myriad of other projects like brainstorming, animation, or presentations. During the session I provided live examples of some of my current projects as well as how I apply the tools in XD to my work and while I was only allotted an hour, I was still able to provide some meaningful insight and cover all of my material!

My three days in the bay blazed by. Infinite thanks to Adobe for hosting me and for allowing me to use their platform to share my work. I can’t wait to head their way again for my next talk!

Paul Johnson of ClemsonGC at Adobe

To view the entire livestream, click on the image or follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ob6tkhAoB8

Comments