Administrative Assistant Update- Sandee Sappenfield

January 6, 2021

As the Administrative Assistant in the McCormick Extension office, a majority of my job responsibilities are done via my computer and/or phone.  That being said, when our office responded to the Covid issues and closed to the public, there was not the impact on me that other agents and staff faced.  I simply started working remote … the ability to access all the files and information provided me with what was needed to process required reporting.  The ability to program the office phone to immediately transfer calls to my cell phone was a seamless transition.   All calls, so far over 175, were answered and clients were assisted as needed with the information and/or help requested.  Our agents and staff were available to help return any calls with additional information.

At beginning of this Covid situation, we also partnered with Joann Fabric stores to help with the mask shortage in the local hospitals.  Joann provided the supplies necessary and we put the word out in Savannah Lakes Village where several sewers stepped up to help us make over 150 masks for the effort.  Our office also made an additional 50+ masks for McCormick County Council members, extension agents and staff and district 4H agents.

As stated earlier, with technology as it is today, my responsibilities barely noticed the hiccup that going remote may have caused.  As always, we are here to help the community of McCormick County. #Staywell

Comments