Department of Languages

Language and International Health Society

March 3, 2024

The purposes of the Language and International Health Society shall include:

• Helping students succeed in the L&IH major and prepare for their future through contact with guest speakers, L&IH graduates, study abroad advisors and other campus and community resources;
  • Serving as a forum where L&IH majors can meet and exchange information, ideas and concerns about internships, study abroad and other aspects related to the major;
  • Providing opportunities where students can network with other students and professionals, explore career paths, and broaden their knowledge of global health issues and their cultural and linguistic contexts;
  • Representing the L&IH major to Clemson University.

L&IH Society Officers (2022-2023)

President: Kate Henry“My name is Kate Henry, and I am a Senior Language and International Health Major with a Spanish concentration. I am expected to graduate in May 2024.”

Vice President: Carley Hitzelberger”My name is Carley Hitzelberger, and I am a freshman Spanish Language and International Health Major. I work for Clemson University Fire & EMS, and I am expected to graduate in May 2027.”

Secretary: Laura Gorissen“Hey everyone! My name is Laura Gorissen and I am a sophomore LIH major with a minor in psychology. I was born and raised in Brazil, and have always loved traveling. I am so excited to be secretary for the LIH society this year!”

Social Media Coordinator: Jenna Gooding“My name is Jenna is Jenna Gooding, and I am a senior Spanish and International Health major! After graduating in May 2024, I hope to go to medical school!”

Treasurer: Lydia Dorroh. “Hi! My name is Lydia Dorroh, and I am a sophomore Language and International Health Major with a Spanish concentration. I am expected to graduate in May of 2026.”

Faculty Advisor: Dr. Arelis Moore, MD, PhD, MPHAssociate Professor of Community Health and SpanishDepartment of Languages

Activities

Spring 2024

1. February 8- Hot Chocolate Social Event
  2. March 8- Every Campus a Refugee (ECAR) Webinar
  3. April 9- Clemson Rural Health Guest Speaker