SC Cottage Food Law

February 14, 2023

Bryan Smith
Area Extension Agent-Agricultural Engineer

basket of eggsWe have had quite a number of contacts in recent months asking how to sell local produce and edible goods from home.  These questions range from selling eggs to milk to any number of products.  Selling fresh produce to friends and family generally does not require a license, but packaged or perishable goods (like milk) do require registration.

The SC Cottage Food Law covers the registration and labeling requirements for these goods.  Clemson Extension provides a factsheet to help growers navigate through the registration and licensing needs:

This factsheet helps growers start out on the right foot when marketing and selling their products.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *