Expanded Food and Nutrition Education (EFNEP)

August 30, 2022

Throughout the Summer of 2022, the Spartanburg County Nutrition Educator worked tirelessly to deliver EFNEP curricula to youth and adults. We had the opportunity to deliver Nutrition Education lessons at different locations, following brand new partnerships created throughout our county. Amongst the youth audience, we had the privilege to teach the “Choose Health: Food, Fun, and Fitness” (CHFFF) curriculum to the Spartanburg County Public Library, Sparty’s Kids Camp (at USC Upstate), and the Spartanburg Northside Development Group, etc.

As for Adults, various homemakers throughout Spartanburg County. Locations such as Lyman, Cowpens, Wellford, and Spartanburg have participated in the Eating Smart ~ Being Active (ESBA) classes. Although out of Spartanburg County, we were invited by The Carolina Community Action Inc. in Union County and Birth Matters.

What are our participants saying about EFNEP classes?

“Thank you, Ms. Santana; my seven years old daughter had never tried sweet peas before; today, she did! (Participant at SCPL)

“Thank you, Ms. Santana, for introducing me to my new favorite food.” (Sparty Kid’s Summer Camp)

“I love this salad. I will ask my mom to prepare it for our party next week.”

“It was a lot of fun playing Snowball Fight in the middle of summer.” (SCPL, playing with crumpled scrap paper).

Sparty Kids Camp measuring out sugar content in favorite drinks.

A group of children and their parents at the SCPL Headquarters.

ESBA participants at the Community Action of the Piedmont in Union SC.

CHFFF learners at the Spartanburg Northside Development Group.

Comments